in British Columbia
MBC Group is rapidly growing! As a result, we are seeking an Independent Contractor in the Victoria and Nanaimo area. This is a great opportunity for anyone that is results driven and excels at working independently.
About MBC Group
MBC Group is a leading multi-disciplinary Engineering firm which offers a diverse suite of services including Structural, Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Cost Consulting, Project Management, and Environmental Consulting services. Our vision has always been to act as a single source for our clients to reduce their bottom line and ensure every assignment is brought to completion in the most efficient and streamlined way.
MBC Group is growing fast; our future is bright, and we believe the creativity and expertise of our team members is the path to get us there. We are looking for individuals that are passionate about what they do and think creatively to provide the best solutions for our clients. If you are seeking a positive, challenging, fast-paced work environment, with potential for growth and exciting work, we are looking for you!
What you will do
· Perform site inspections, quantity surveying, measuring, specifications, quantifying, and pricing of various structures,
· Prepare full-cost estimates on conceptual, design-build or general tender work,
· Prepare cost estimations for various construction projects according to project specifics, including establishing unit costs, labour rates, productivity factors and location impacts,
· Produce specification bid documents, catastrophe valuations, narrative reports, and conflict resolution services,
· Cost control auditing for restoration and reconstruction projects; and construction contract management,
· Detailed replacement costs and actual cash value valuations on various complex residential, commercial, and industrial properties.
What you will bring
· Experience in a similar role with advanced industry knowledge (an ideal candidate will have a background in any of the following areas: appraisals, estimating, insurance, restoration contracting, or construction)
· Ideal candidate will have one of following designations: PMP, P.Eng, CET, CIP, PQS, GCS
· Demonstrated competency in the following areas: relationship building, accountability, results orientated, estimating, scoping and report writing
· A valid driver’s permit and reliable vehicle
· Ability to travel on short notice
What we offer
· Exceptional earnings potential
· Entrepreneurial culture
· Exciting and challenging work
· Opportunity to learn and grow in a collaborative environment
We invite qualified applicants to submit a resume, accompanied with a cover letter which identifies how your past experiences makes you the ideal candidate for this position.
We thank everyone for their interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted.