in Burnaby, BC
MBC Group is seeking an Environmental Consultant to fill a full-time role in Burnaby, BC. This position is a salaried position however independent contractor arrangements are also possible. If you are a self-starter and enjoy providing technical support and assisting clients in managing their environmental concerns, especially indoor air quality and hygiene - we want you on our team!
About MBC Group
MBC Group is a leading multi-disciplinary Engineering firm which offers a diverse suite of services including Structural, Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Cost Consulting, Project Management, and Environmental Consulting services. Our vision has always been to act as a single source for our clients to reduce their bottom line and ensure every assignment is brought to completion in the most efficient and streamlined way.
MBC Group is growing fast; our future is bright, and we believe the creativity and expertise of our team members is the path to get us there. We are looking for individuals that are passionate about what they do and think creatively to provide the best solutions for our clients. If you are seeking a positive, challenging, fast-paced work environment, with potential for growth and exciting work, this is the place for you.
What you will do
Perform environmental technical functions related to the following activities:
· Conduct field work, manage assigned projects and prepare technical environmental reports.
· Consult and support Hazardous building material assessment projects
· Monitoring during hazmat remediation projects
· Mould assessment and remediation design
· Air Quality Monitoring, Mould and Asbestos Sampling and Abatement
· Prepare quotations and proposals for projects and bids
· Participate in the company National Safety Program
· Train and obtain certifications in order to offer customers new services
· Participate in marketing and business development activities and initiatives and company and customer training programs.
What you will bring
· Bachelor’s degree or diploma in environmental sciences or equivalent certification in hygiene is preferred. Equivalent experience and certification will be considered.
· Experience in Asbestos, Hazmat, IAQ projects and field consulting is required.
· Strong practice knowledge and networks within the insurance industry, construction and/or restoration contracting is a strong asset.
· Proficiency and/or experience with laboratory or microscope use is an asset, as is government clearances or safety certifications (i.e. confined space, fall arrest, H2S)
· Knowledge of environmental regulatory requirements, provincial legislation and municipal bylaws.
· Demonstrated competency in the following areas: client services, results orientated, report writing and Microsoft Office Suite.
· The position requires the individual to pass a mask fit test.
· Travel and after-hours work may be required on a call out basis.
What we offer
· Exciting and challenging work
· Opportunity to learn and grow in a collaborative environment
· Competitive compensation including a benefit program
· Great people to work with
· Casual dress
· Training and Development opportunities
We invite applicants to submit a resume. If you meet our qualifications, we’ll be contacting you!
While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.