Manager, Environmental Operations
MBC Group is conducting a search for a Manager, Environmental Operations in our Edmonton, Alberta location. If you are a people leader that can manage technical projects to support company growth, client experience, and new business development – we want you on our team!
About MBC Group
MBC Group is a leading multi-disciplinary Engineering firm that offers a diverse suite of services including Structural, Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Cost Consulting, Project Management, and Environmental Consulting services. Our vision has always been to act as a single source for our clients to reduce their bottom line and ensure every assignment is brought to completion in the most efficient and streamlined way.
MBC Group is growing fast; our future is bright, and we believe the creativity and expertise of our team members is the path to get us there. We are looking for individuals that are passionate about what they do and think creatively to provide the best solutions for our clients. If you are seeking a positive, challenging, fast-paced work environment, with potential for growth and exciting work, we are looking for you!
What you will do
· Team Leadership. Lead, coach, train, and develop the environmental technical team to ensure the effective delivery of operational requirements. Provide technical and business direction, guidance, and support to direct reports.
· Project and Technical Delivery. Ensure projects, their deliverables and key performance indicators are met with clear communication and instruction. Coordinate projects, develop reports, cost estimates, proposals and perform site inspections. Provide operational support by assisting with the direct delivery of projects where required due to utilization requirement or staff training.
· Operational Delivery. Ensure all projects, initiatives and processes are adhered to within the organizational established policies and procedures. Develop and implement operational efficiencies and standard operating procedures. Make recommendations and support the enhancement of systems, processes, and policies.
· Client Delivery. Liaise and negotiate with clients, regulators, contractors, and sub-contractors. Recommend client service delivery targets and manage expectations.
· Safety Program. Provide leadership regarding the national safety program and ensure COR certification is maintained.
· Business and Professional Development. Recommend new business opportunities. Participate in industry events, education and webinars, and trade shows. Support the RFP process as required. Support cross-functional initiatives by collaborating with other Environmental groups, and other lines of businesses within MBC to generate business opportunities.
What you will bring
· Minimum of 5 years experience in Asbestos, Hazmat, IAQ projects, and field consulting is required
· A Technologist diploma or bachelor's degree in a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution, or a combination of equivalent professional education and work experience.
· Proven work experience in business development and client management.
· Strong practice knowledge of the insurance industry, construction, and/or restoration contracting
· Knowledge of environmental regulatory requirements, provincial legislation, and municipal bylaws. Certification and training are specific to Indoor Air Quality, and restoration.
What we offer
· Competitive salary with employer-paid health, dental & insurance benefits
· Flexible work environment
· Great people to work with
· Training and development opportunities
· Exciting and challenging work
· The opportunity to learn and grow in a collaborative environment
We invite applicants to submit a resume. If you meet our qualifications, we’ll be contacting you!