MBC Group is seeking a Structural Engineer in Burnaby, BC. If you are a self-starter who enjoys working with clients to design their projects - we want you on our team!
About MBC Group
MBC Group is a leading multi-disciplinary Engineering firm which offers a diverse suite of services including Structural, Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Cost Consulting, Project Management, and Environmental Consulting services. Our vision has always been to act as a single source for our clients to reduce their bottom line and ensure every assignment is brought to completion in the most efficient and streamlined way.
MBC Group is growing fast; our future is bright, and we believe the creativity and expertise of our team members is the path to get us there. We are looking for individuals that are passionate about what they do and think creatively to provide the best solutions for our clients. If you are seeking a positive, challenging, fast-paced work and environment, with potential for growth and exciting work, we are looking for you!
What you will do
· Prepare design calculations, drawings and specifications
· Collaborate with architects, technologists, and building contractors on design and the construction of projects
· Provide quality control reviews, building assessments, and conduct inspections on properties
· Prepare reports
What you will bring
· A bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural engineering or related discipline
· Obtained Professional Engineer status (P Eng.)
· Minimum of five years of engineering experience in a similar industry or role.
· Advance understanding and experience of wood-frame, concrete and steel structures and reading blueprints
· Ability to write technical reports.
· Varied knowledge of different building types is an asset; including residential, commercial, industrial and institutional.
What we offer
· Exciting and challenging work
· Opportunity to learn and grow in a collaborative environment
· Competitive salary and Employer-paid Health, Dental & Insurance benefits
· Great people to work with
· Casual dress
· Training and Development opportunities
· Remote work opportunities
We invite applicants to submit a resume. If you meet our qualifications, we’ll be contacting you!